This is really an easy and quick recipe for an orange flavoured cake. It’s pretty simple to put together and you will literally have the batter and cake sorted within 60 minutes (oven dependent). The best part is that the family will love it, and if you’re on a diet perfect cheat day treat!
You will need your blender as part of the recipe is done with the blender, if you have a large blender the recipe could be done in it. As I’ve got one of the smaller ones, I had to complete the recipe with the cake mixer.
- 200 ml Cooking oil
- 1 Orange
- 3 Eggs
- 1.5 Cups of sugar
- 1.5 Cups of Cake flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
Nothing to hectic with the ingredients and if you’re regularly baking, these are items you will have around the house regularly and it being winter even the orange will be in your fruit basket I reckon.
- Set the oven temp to 200
- You will need a 23cm baking tin
- Peel the orange, remove any pips and cut into 4 pieces as seen above. No white skin left on else it gives the cake a bit of a sour taste
- Place the Oil, Eggs, Oranges and Sugar into the blender and blend it smooth. Make sure there are no large pieces of orange still in the mixture.
- Add your blended mixture to the cake flour and baking powder into the larger cake mixer bowl. If you have a large blender you just add the cake flour and baking powder to the mix and blend all into a smooth batter.
- Spray your cake tin with baking spray
- Place the cake batter into the cake tin
- Place into the oven for between 30-45 minutes (oven dependent) or do the toothpick test to confirm if it’s ready
- Allow it to cool down before you plate it
I’m always looking for really quick and easy recipes to try out on Sundays. This recipe from Cassis at Cozinha legal is just that, quick and simple!