It has been rather cold the last few days, but we’re not anywhere near the Ice Age! This coming weekend there are schools that will be closing for half term, and that means you will have kids at home complaining about how bored they are … right? Don’t dispair fellow man.
This exhibition is presented by #HUISgenoot, #YOU and #DRUM magazines – not a sponsored blog entry. It is designed to be respectful of scientific research, yet entertaining. It has 45 life-size animals across a variety of scenes and 11 animals in the interactive play area. The exhibition promises to be more exciting than visiting your local museum, that alone should be motivation enough to get yourself and your family over to it!
The Ice Age Exhibition started on the 20th June and will be on until the 8th August, from 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 8pm Saturday and Sunday. You’re able to purchase tickets via Computicket , please do confirm first that there are tickets available for the day you want to attend. Kids under 18 months enter for FREE! We all love bargains and there are a few of you out there with children that age. If like us you don’t qualify for the freebie .. kids under 18 years pay R99 and adults R145 to enter.
If you’re think .. “WOW that’s pricey…”, well included in your ticket are these activities:
- Drawing tables for kids
- Sandbox so your kids can discover fossil remains
- Interactive Animals resembling the ones they saw around the exhibition
- Interactive Games Zone with puzzles, colouring drawings
It’s all fun stuff kids enjoy and will have fun participating in I reckon ..
Now if your little one isn’t keen on the above or just wants more, at a small fee you have the follow activities for them to participate in as well :
- Sabertooth Tiger photo (R60) and Ice Age Exhibition frame with a photo of you and the Sabertooth Tiger model
- Face painting (R40) – why not look like your favourite Ice Age animal
- If these don’t tickle your fancy, you could shop around for something that will alway remind you of the experience at the Ice Age exhibition
- Kids 4-10 years old there’s a 10 meter diameter carousel for a 3 minute ride at (R20)
- not forgetting those under 4 years, there’s the Glyptodon ride also at just (R20)
- I can see some adults wanting to go onto the Ice Slide (R55) as well, promises some chilly excitement
- For an out of this world experience why not try their Snow Blizzard Tunnel, an opportunity to experience a real snowstorm with actual snow and wind! Something that many may not experience too easily out here in Africa
So if like us you’re looking for ideas to keep your children entertained during the next week they home on break .. here’s something exciting to do for the whole family. I am sure you will appreciate the experience as much as they will!